Wednesday 25 April 2012

My newest adventure.

Having been away from the world of craft for so long I decided to do something I have been looking forward to for a long time! 
I love buying second hand furniture and I found the most beautiful little stool that did not need much doing to it, but it still took me over 6 months to get around to sorting it out. So this is something quick, fun and beautiful to ease me back in!

This stool cost me just £1, and its so easy to see how beautiful it can be. All it needed is a new seat! Easy peasy!


Isn't it just lovely! 
(This is the before.)

So away to Dunelm I go to get; foam for the seat (£2)
and fabric (£4 for half a metre)

I took off the old fabric and came across the old filling which was horse hair! I've never actually seen horse hair used as stuffing so I was excited to come across that (because I'm a nerd!)

Anyway, I recovered it using a staple gun and...


Done! And I love it!! 

Now my darling daughter has her first restored piece of furniture for her room. Which makes me glow with pride a little! 

AND, £7 for stool and materials isn't bad either!

Now I understand that someone may look at my sweet little 70's stool and think its a piece of old tat but I honestly love it! I will not be touching the wood because I think it gives it character and I much prefer it that way. :)
 And I feel like I'm back again! 

All my love! x

No comments:

Post a Comment