Thursday 11 August 2011

Awkward!

I had a really awkward conversation recently about my little house work!

To give you some background about who I am and what I do... I am a full time wife and a full time mam and knitting is something I love and what I do as my passion, so as the story goes..

I was a bridesmaid at one of my best friends wedding! It was such a beautiful day! Our little girl was a flower girl.              



Because I am married to an English man I was sat at a table with the rest of the English people who were invited to the wedding...
So as you do with people you don't know you ask what people do, as in professions. Anna was also at this table (another best friend of mine and also a Brit) so I was surrounded with people who had 'real' jobs! lol

When it came to my turn to profess my job I just replied... 'Housewife' because that what I am and proud of it! But Anna who is one of my main cheerleaders stated, 'That's not all she does, she makes things too!'


So I started to explain that I make things out of wool, to which this lovely posh English lady told me that her friend is the main wool designer for D&G... I almost laughed out loud when she asked was that something I did... 'Am, not really... I make things like cup jumpers!'

There was a good bit of silence then! It was awkward but really funny!

People just went back to drinking their drinks and not looking me in the eyes!





These were the favors at my friends wedding, they were so beautiful!


All my love... xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment